Thursday, March 17, 2011

London...Day 6

Today, for me, was the most exciting day! I got to do a lot of different things! I visited a homeless shelter with a friend I met here in London, talked to a few teenagers in the square after school, went to the park and watched the guys play American football, and then threw around the ball some ourselves. For dinner we went to the house of some "M" friends of Chris who made us enchiladas and brownies, and I sang some songs with a few from the group! And, we ended with a lot of laughs. Overall an amazing day!!
-katrina

Unfortunately, me and Denton did not run into Alan these past two days, but today was still pretty great. Andrew and I got to talk to a fellow believer and learned a lot of interesting things we had never thought about before. Then, we all went and played American football with some kids of our age. It was really fun, and they really enjoyed the sport. We hope to see them again tomorrow after our tour day.
-coby

Really enjoyed today. Kristi, Emily, and I talked with Georgina and got her email address to keep in touch with her via Facebook. Kelly was sick. :( Pray that she is better tomorrow so that we can have one last visit. The student had a great day and we all are looking forward to our trip into central London tomorrow.
-laurie

We got to interact with tons of teenagers today after their school let out. We showed a group of kids how to play football which was interesting. I got into a long conversation with a kid from Afghanistan. He was about 15 and had lived in Afghanistan until he was about 10 yrs. and had been around while the U.S. soldiers were there. He had very strong views about the war. He explained to me how before the Taliban had taken over the country, there was no order, and the people had no security. He believed the Taliban had established that order. He claimed that the Americans tried to force "freedom" into their nation when the country needed strict order. He made a few good points, and I explained to him that we believe a government should not oppress people into doing what is right by religion, in this case Islam. Although we had our differences, he was very open and polite in our conversation.
-chris

Today was by far the best day. I woke up with a bad attitude about it because I wanted to go to Central London, but I met a big group of teens and talked for a really long time and got into spiritual conversations. Then we went to the park, and the guys played football and had an awesome time!
-lauren

I'm TIRED! But, praise God He is our rest. I have so felt this throughout the long, exhausting days...that in my weakness He is my strength. Today was by far the best overall day we have experienced--simply meaning we saw and participated in God working in incredible ways more than any other day. Let's not discredit what has happened before today at all, but today it was clear. Our students and adults were engaging in meaningful and even spiritual conversations left and right. Jesus was talked about countless times. I got to share the Gospel with a girl named Roweyna from Djbouti (Northern Samalia) who is 15 years old. What a sweet girl! As the Spirit led we talked for 45 minutes or so about the Gospel and she was asking loads of questions. I believe she is good soil that the Gospel has landed on. PLEASE pray for a harvest in her life and those she could affect with Christ living in her. Please continue to pray for Moses as well.
-philip

PLEASE PRAY FOR SALVATION
-Moses, Andrew, Helen, Alan, Kelly, Rory, Anesa, and Roweyna, and the guys who we played foothball with who are coming to hang out tomorrow night (not all are coming tomorrow, but pray that God will strongly stir some to come...the ones He wants and already knows)
-God is at work in Acton in in unbelievable, supernatural ways....PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: