Tuesday, March 15, 2011

London...Day 4

Today, Emily, Karina, and I were walking through Acton Park looking for people to talk to. Well, we came across these two ladies in their early 20s and ended up talking to them for over an hour! We did get into some spiritual conversation as well, and we are planning on meeting for coffee tomorrow and want to invite them to dinner tomorrow evening! God is really moving here in London! I can feel him! Please keep all of us in your prayers!
-katrina
Today was another interesting day. Me and Denton ran into Alan in the streets again. I really feel that God has placed him in our lives for a reason. We would appreciate if you would pray that we could run into him in the streets again tomorrow. Also, please pray for another boy named Moses. We have been trying to get through to him this week, and your prayers would be greatly appreciated.
-coby

Today was a beautiful day in London. I spoke to a young man who could not understand why our young people did not party or sleep together. A very lost young man who needs Jesus. Maybe he will think about our conversation, and I will have another opportunity to share tomorrow. God answered prayer by sending Emily to cross paths with a woman we spoke to yesterday named Helen. I will continue to pray in faith that we will see her yet again before we leave. Pray Wednesday that Kelly will want to meet us for coffee to continue our conversations. We need one more opportunity to be able to share Christ with her.
-laurie

Andrew and I spoke with an Islamic man today. He shared many of his beliefs with us and listened to some of ours. The man was from Africa and was in London studying carpentry. We hope to speak with him again and go deeper into conversation. He seemed to respect the fact that although we were Christians, we were willing to hear his beliefs.
-chris

Today was good. Talked to a lot of people, and I miss everyone at home.
-lauren

Day 4 on the ground...I have to say I get so much joy watching our team striving desperately to share Jesus with people by "starting where they're at and listening to the Holy Spirit." That's the phrase for the day, but it should be our whole lives as we realize our sole purpose as followers of Jesus and as the church is to communicate the Gospel to the lost--EVERYTHING else is a means to fulfill this one goal. I have been spending most of my time traveling (by foot...this is not Texas...lol) to our different groups, as we go out in 2s and 3s, encouraging them to continue living out this missional life. Please pray for me in this that I too will listen to the Spirit. Please pray for Moses to choose Jesus...I don't want this to be selfish, but pray that he will delay this decision no longer...that he will give his life to Christ this week. And, pray that God will guard the unity of our team. That all will know we are his disciples by our love for one another.
-philip

TOMORROW WILL BE AN INTERESTING DAY FULL OF OPPORTUNITY. WE WILL GO VISIT A HINDU TEMPLE AND A SIKH GURDWARA IN THE MORNING, AND AFTER GOING INTO THE CITY FOR SPIRITUAL CONVERSATIONS WE BE GATHERING FOR PIZZA WITH ALL THE PEOPLE WHOM WE HAVE BEEN BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS...please pray they will accept our invitation! It will be another great opportunity to simply be around them and get into meaningful, spiritual conversations.

I will end with this as a continual challenge to all followers of Jesus. As we experience God at work through us, in us, and around us as we talk to people about Jesus, we can't help but worship Him! We all, as followers of Jesus, are equipped to be missionaries right where we are. HOW ENCOURAGING IS THAT?!?!!! Worship truly does come as a result of seeing the supernatural happen when sharing Jesus with the lost. Thanks so much for your continued prayer!

4 comments:

Kathie James said...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
"Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I sent you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 1:5-8
Praying for miracles!
Love to all, Kathie

Mrs. Angela said...

Praying for you all as you meet with Londoners and share life with them. I believe the Holy Spirit has gone before you - just share what Christ has done for you. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
--Angela Lynch

Janell said...

Praying for all of you and all the those that God has put in your path this week. I'm specifically praying for those who ya'll named and for them to accept your invitation for pizza tomorrow.

Shahla said...

I love reading your stories and seeing how you've all become bold witnesses of the Gospel!! We are praying for each of you daily as well as the people you come in contact with. We love you!!

-Shahla