Monday, March 14, 2011

London...Day 3

What the day looked like for us...
-breakfast (and Philip didn't destroy it...yay!)
-in a local coffee shop reading and talking about Scripture (you can read 2 Timothy with us if you like)
-Training with Chris L. ("What does it mean to hear from the Holy Spirit") @ Oak Tree Community Church's building
-Prayer Walking in Acton
-Lunch
-2pm-6pm-->spiritual conversations in Acton (on the streets and in parks)
-dinner @ Gourmet Burger Kitchen

Today was great! I had conversations with 4 people. Please pray for the team and me to be able to have many spiritual conversations each day. To do so, we must get out of our comfort zone and be willing to listen to the Holy Spirit. I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me tomorrow.
-karina
Today we walked around the parks with a football (American) hoping for the Holy Spirit to lead us to talk to someone. We talked to a couple at the park with their dogs, and they invited us to a pub at 10p tonight which we couldn't go to. So, I called them to plan a meeting for tomorrow to talk about their faith. We had other conversations which weren't very benefitting.
-andrew
Emily, Laurie, and I met Kelly (a woman we met yesterday) for coffee today. She is from Australia and just moved here. She is so nice and teaches school. We are praying that by the end of the week we will be able to share the Gospel with her...The people in Acton are so busy and don't seem to have time to talk, but as we get into conversations, we learn that they are longing for interaction and know that part of that need for connection is their need for Christ.
-kristi
I'm still pretty exhausted. Acton reminds me of every major city I've been to. I feel the Spirit more, maybe because I'm actually trying to listen. He continues to let me see how powerful He is by opening doors I thought would never be opened.
-jess
Well today...at first, my day started off really slow. I was extremely tired, and I noticed I am starting to catch on with the accent here (I like it). When we were walking around, me and Coby ran into the older guy, Alan, who we had seen yesterday. We will be having coffee with him tomorrow. I also got to have a really good talk with a teen named Rory. Our dinner was good, and now, we are playing pool. It's pretty awesome here.
-denton
What a brilliant, gorgeous day here in London! Praise the Lord! Helen, Kelly, and Andrew are a few of the lovely Londoners we met today...each one with a unique path. We thank God for our heart felt encounters. We pray for His guidance and our eagerness to continue to spread the Gospel in the days to come.
-emily
Please be in prayer for those mentioned in the comments above. The Kingdom of God is here, and we want them to experience it! Please be in prayer for the following:
-Oak Tree Community Church (they are truly seeking to live as a missional church in the heart of Acton always engaging with and in the community)
-Acton Baptist Church (what a loving, caring church who has been so gracious to us...they also are actively involved in this community sharing Jesus)
-Amanda-->a woman who is a follower of Jesus; she is connected with both the above mentioned churches as God called her to move into Acton to begin living with these people 2 years ago solely for the purpose of sharing Jesus with them in doing life together. What an incredible lady who is seeking Christ's mission to "seek and to save the lost." Join me in praying for financial support for her...God is sustaining her, but it would take roughly
$85-100/week to support her in a way to continue doing local missions as her primary job.)
-Pray for salvation--> Moses, Andrew, Helen, Alan, Kelly, and Rory

Much love for all of you...we covet your prayers. Feel free to comment back to these posts, and they will be read to the team.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

As we sat around the fire at our campground, I read the blog to our family. It is great to hear how the Lord is working with you and the people you are talking to. We have been praying since you left. We will continue to pray for each of you and the message you are spreading. We will pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to move. God bless and keep the updates coming.

Dlucas93 said...

I'm continuing to pray for each of you! I pray for God's continued guidance and safety for you all. God bless and I look forward to your return. Keep sowing the seed of the Gospel of our Lord, our Savior!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of the "London Team" and pray that this experience will bring you closer to our Lord as well as bring many others the Word!!!

Janell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janell said...

Waiting for my flight to leave Baltimore, so I took some time to read 2 Timothy. Praying verse 1:7 over you all...
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline."
Be BOLD, be unashamed, and share Him without fear. Love you and praying for you!

Philip said...

Thanks so much for all the prayer. Please continue to lift us up!