Friday, December 5, 2008

Go The Extra Mile...with humility!

Gees, I really love hanging out with you guys! It made me happy to have Encounter this week, and I loved every minute of seeing some of you try to drink Root Beer out of baby bottles (I bet you were wondering how babies do it so well...kinda weird huh?) I was also digging that we had two new guys here to attempt the impossible shot...I am ready to give another $20 away! You know, there hasn't been a single Encounter since we started the impossible shot that we haven't had a guest. So keep inviting your friends to the party!
We also looked at Matthew 5:38-42 in a fresh way. If you weren't here you should read it, it is salty (good). In this little paragraph, Jesus really challenges us to go the extra mile and live like a true Jesus-follower. It's not about paying people back for treating us wrong/bad; it's about loving them when everything says we shouldn't. Jesus challenges us to go the extra mile with humility--can you put others before yourself? YES, but WILL YOU?

2 comments:

Zz said...

My friend it was hard drinking out of those baby bottles.

Andrew F said...

Hey how about we try sugar free root beer? Eh?