Monday, December 29, 2008

Sold Out Christians in 2009...enough mediocrity!

It is crazy that 2009 is only 3 days away. Can you believe another year is history? Think back to who you were at the beginning of the year. Now, think about who you are now. Are you spiritually more mature? Are you closer to God or farther away? Do you spend more time with him or less? I have kinda had an unfair advantage as far as growing spiritually this year because I got married so I had no choice but to grow up spiritually. But, I still wish I would have grown to my full potential this year. It is all about EFFORT! Will you put forth the effort in 2009 to grow in Christ? In "big church," yesterday, I talked about active obedience to God, embracing Jesus (falling in love with him), and living out the Word of God. To sum it up, James is telling us to put into practice what we know and learn from the Bible. My prayer for you is that in 2009 you will read God's love letter to you (the Bible) daily, let it change you, and do what it says!

With love in Christ,
Philip

2 comments:

M. Cowen said...

Thanks for the message God had you deliver.. I pray our resolutions and promises we make to ourselves for the coming year are upheld to the best of our ability. We all know how easy it is to be so selfish and do what we want and not what God commands of us. I am so glad he never goes back on what he has promised us.

Philip said...

You are so right, Mike. I believe God has big plans for us individually and as a church this year. We just have to be willing to follow Him.